Paperboard is a material that is entirely paper-based. It is a bit thicker than the regular paper. This material is recyclable and renewable. Paperboard is extracted from two methods. The first one is the mechanical method and the second one is the chemical method. The mechanical method is quite economical, yet it is environmentally unstable.
On the other hand, the chemical extraction method is costly but environmentally stable. It is very easy to cut and form. Paperboard packaging is made because the material is light in weight as well as sturdy. It is ideal for packaging. However, this packaging comes in many grades that have exceptional characteristics by making every grade perfect for various packaging needs.
This packaging is helpful for wrapping up delicate items like perfume bottles, wine bottles, fragile gift items, etc. Today, we are going to make a paperboard from the corrugated boxes. This process is technical because of which people cannot do it at home so easily.
Things You Need:
- Corrugated Box
- Box cutter or razor blade
How to Make Paperboard from Corrugated Boxes?
- Firstly, you have to do an unboxing. You have to open up the tabs of the corrugated box.
- One by one you have to start cutting the tabs of the box. You have to do it with a sharp razor blade or box cutter. But do it carefully.
- You have to put away the tabs and then start cutting from one corner of the box. You have to cut on the creased side from top to bottom in 90 degrees.
- When one side is done, you have to cut the box again at the 90 degrees angle. Be very careful while cutting on the creased sides as it would help you in getting the plain and straight piece of corrugated material.
- You again have to cut the next side from an angle of 90 degrees. In this way, three sides will be cut yet one remaining. You need to cut out the last side to get a straight and plane piece of corrugated material.
- There is no need to cut this material from 180 degrees as we only have to change it into paperboard material.
- Now you need to do the bleaching process. It is the step that has to be done by professionals. With the help of the bleaching process, the corrugated material layer would be removed, and you will get a thin corrugated, or you can say a plain paperboard.
The bleaching process is not just used to extract the paperboard material, but it is also utilized to increase the brightness and whiteness of this material. The corrugated material loses its strength in the bleaching process and then it is converted into the paperboard.
Paperboard has a lot of physical properties that make it an ideal material to be utilized. It does not just have a tear strength but flexibility, burst strength, stiffness as well as foldability. If you want to increase the sturdiness of the paperboard material, then you have to increase the fiber length into it.
In this way, you could easily make it more durable. On the other hand, the corrugated material is also a good option for bundling. Numerous packaging box companies are offering both paperboard and corrugated boxes. You could easily get them printed in various patterns and designs. They can be designed beautifully and adorned with many customizations. Many brands are providing their products in top quality corrugated boxes wholesale that are embellished with HD images, the latest printing designs, and patterns