The biennial battle for the world’s Gold in 'holistic' packaging innovation has entered the decisive phase, now that the ten finalists of Packaging Innovation Contest De Gouden Noot 2018 are known. They were selected after an orientation phase with 87 companies, of which 21 entered the battle in the first jury round. The non-finalists received an extensive report with the jury findings on their packaging innovation.
The ten finalists for De Gouden Noot 2018 are:
- AcuDropII ● Verhoeven Ontwerpburo
- Arcwise packaging ● Brohl Wellpappe
- Combo Excelsior ● Schoeller Allibert
- CRTESS CAP ● Mullackal Polymers
- E-commerce Ready Detergent Packaging ● Henkel
- Hot2Home Fry Cup ● Plato Product Consultants
- Persistalert ● Ecobliss
- Seepje ● FLEX/design
- Smart IoT Drum Pallet ● Ahrma Group
- Stackpack ● Zalpak & Straatman
The second jury round will take place in October 2018. Then each finalist will have the opportunity to present his/her innovation to the full jury led by jury chairman Prof. Renee Wever. The secretariat passes all the comments from around the world to the jury, who then takes these into account in the discussion with the finalist.
Only one finalist will eventually take home the unique winner's trophy, with the solid golden walnut inside as a sign of the best holistic packaging innovation. This will take place during the Award Ceremony, Thursday evening 22 November 2018 in the iconic A'DAM Tower in Amsterdam.