An engaging panel discussion at the upcoming Plastics Extrusion World Expo will debate a number of key issues surrounding the professional development of women in the plastics industry.
Women in Plastics: Empowering Industry Change is a special panel featuring high-achieving women from across the world of plastics sharing their perspectives on breaking through in this traditionally male-dominated industry.
Among the topics to explore, the 45-minute panel will look at the different paths these leaders have made into the plastics industry, how the modern workplace is changing to become more inclusive, and future challenges and opportunities for the next generation of women entering into plastics or other manufacturing professions.
The influential panellist line-up includes:
• Lauren Hickey, Director of Marketing and Product Management at masterbatch manufacturer Americhem
• Jennifer Profitt, Plant Manager at profile and sidings producer Associated Materials
• Meli Laurance, Regional Commercial Industry Manager Plastics at global pigment specialist BASF Colors and Effects
• Candace Sanders, Assistant Plant Manager at PVC product supplier Genova Products
• Molly Bridger, Group Director of Marketing at thermoplastic materials manufacturer Simona America