In therapeutic areas such as pediatrics, oncology, and neurology, mini-tablets offer an opportunity for flexible dosing in a small, easily swallowed format.
However, for patients and caregivers, counting individual mini-tablets can be challenging. And for pharma companies, producing multiple individual doses for small patient populations can be expensive.
Phillips-Medisize introduces an innovative, market-ready Mini-tablet Dispenser that offers flexible, patient-friendly counting and dispensing directly from a standard primary tablet container.
Flexible Dosing:Enables patient-specific dosing for maximum benefit without adverse side effects
Easy-To-Use:Reduces time and energy to administer medication and improves accuracy and adherence
Practical Design:Fits on any standard prescription bottle and can be leveraged across multiple patient segments
• Users can adjust the dispenser to their desired mini-tablet count. The dispenser’s preset remains set to this count until the user makes another adjustment.
• Users unscrew the child-resistant prescription bottle cap, mount the dispenser onto the prescription bottle and reposition the cap.
To dispense medication, users unscrew the cap and invert the bottle, moving mini-tablets into the metering chamber. Users then turn the bottle upright and shake it gently.
• The correct number of mini-tablets automatically falls into the indentations on the counting disk. Excess mini-tablets fall back into the bottle, untouched by the user.
• After users visually confirm a mini-tablet is in each indentation, they rotate the transparent metering chamber lid and pour out the mini-tablets.
• If more than 20 mini-tablets are required per dose, this sequence can be repeated. Total tablet count is then equally split between the 2 (or 3) repetitions.
• Once mini-tablets are dispensed, users close the transparent lid and screw the cap back onto the bottle.
Mini-tablet Dispenser Features
- Mounts to standard-size prescription bottles and remains in place
• Keeps mini-tablets secure in bottle until they are counted and dispensed
• Minimizes risk of damage to mini-tablets when dispensed
• Enables accurate dosing counts and confirmations with the metering chamber with transparent lid
• Options available for color customization; adjustment of counting chamber based on mini-tablet shape, size and preset dispensing
• Can be co-packaged with mini-tablet prescription bottle or supplied separately
Currently designed for use with standard mini-tablets with an approximate size of 2–2.5 mm in diameter; customization available to fit non-standard mini-tablet sizes
Dispenses 1–20 mini-tablets at once (can be repeated up to 60 mini-tablets)
Dispenser mounts directly on a standard 38 mm diameter tablet bottle