What will this webinar address?
Consumers are increasingly conscious about the quality, origin, and composition of what they ingest - whether this be from diet, supplements, or medication. Many diseases or health issues, such as IBS or obesity are often a result of poor lifestyle choices, and governments all over the world are focused on campaigns around healthier living, which has led to a rise in consumer health products and solutions.
One area of research focuses on the gut microbiome, and how gut health can have a direct impact on many different aspects of health, and the prevention of chronic disease. What learnings can the pharma industry draw from current consumer nutritional habits, and what impact will this have on OTC and consumer health products?
This online event will provide an overview of current gut microbiome studies, and how these can contribute to improving health outcomes for patients suffering from diseases such as IBS or obesity. The webinar will also discuss the use of different ingredients in the studies such as potato starch and how it affects the gut; while also highlighting a heightened consumer awareness of diet and nutrition, and what the industry should take note of.
Key discussion points include:
- Current trends in consumer health, with a focus on gut microbiome
- Analyzing current trials in gut microbiome studies
- Comparing how studies can help reduce IBS and obesity risks in the current population
- Understanding the gut-brain axis is and how the gut microbiome and nutrition can influence mental health
- What technologies exist and are being developed for assessing the gut microbiome for the end consumer
- Why plant-based products can play a role in future health trials
- What is the opportunity for pharma?
Reg Link : Consumer Health Trends – Listening to the Gut (cphi-online.com)