This is our blog and we would keep you updated about the latest things happening at www.packagingconnections.com through this. You are most welcome to share your comments openly so that all the visitors can benefit and we can also improve. We are trying to create Your Destination for Anything in Packaging (TM). This can happen only through your continuous support and feedback. We look forward to hear from you all the time. Just in case, you are not able to comment through this for any reason then kindly email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello Packaging Friends!
We are regularly sharing key terms, definitions, words used in Packaging through our blog http://www.packagingconnections.com/blog/2014/08/26/lock-stock-and-barrel/
Let's now start something different, for a change something which is not related to just packaging. Let's break the ice. Now we will share "Word of the Day" with it's grammatical usage through sentences or phrases.
Hope this will add to your dictionary of words which is really required while communicating on daily basis – for professional or personal communications
PET material is ideal for many liquids, chemicals and solvents. PET rounded bottles are the greatest choice for the pharmaceutical companies in preserving agents and also they have strong consumer appeal.
HPT is engaged in manufacturing and supplying of PET rounded bottles with tamper-evident closure & also available in child resistant version. PET is standard material in making rounded bottles at HPT.
At HPT, PET rounded bottles are manufactured in accordance with the established guidelines of the industry. Our professionals use high grade material to manufacture these pharma pet bottles.
PET rounded bottle available sizes are:
Why HPT? HTP can create a perfect high quality packaging solution for you
- Untouched: If requested HPT offer the advantage of a product without any human contact
- Minimize your risk: GMP plus is the protected premium brand of HPT an additional service individually combinable
- Cleanness in a new dimension: Production in clean room class B,1000 (ISO7 in operation) is possible
- Definitely DNA free: If requested HPT can certify that their products are residue- free
There are lots of challenges to the food packaging industry. Food packaging industries are using BPA from almost 50 years and no company label is mentioned any information about BPA in their product packaging. Basic functionality of the BPA is to stop the reaction between food and surface. If BPA is banned by packaging governing bodies then one more tough challenge ahead for the food packaging industry.
Plastic is commonly used in food containers, bottles and wrapping materials as well as in the linings of tin cans. But plastic packaging contains BPA (also known as Bisphenol A) is not good for health and more on it’s very difficult to find where BPA is put on packaging. But most of the doctors, scientists from word wide say that consumption of low levels of BPA will not have any effect on health. Some experiments over animals show that BPA can damage kidney and liver. BPA can be risk factor in woman as it effects the structural changes in woman breasts which can lead to the breast cancer but there is no scientific evidence is available as of now.
Most of the countries are not happy with the France decision taken on ban to BPA from food packaging from 1st Jan 2015.
Active packaging is defined as packaging in which subsidiary constituent have been deliberately include in or on either the packaging material or the package headspace to enhance the performance of package system( Robertson, 2006). This phrase emphasizes the importance of deliberately including a substance with the intention of enhancing the food product. Active packaging is an extension of the protection function of a package and is commonly used to protect against oxygen and moisture.
Active packaging performs some desired role other than to provide an inert barrier between the product and the outside environment. It sometimes referred to as interactive or “smart” packaging, is intended to sense internal or external environmental change and to respond by changing its own properties or attributes and hence the internal package environment. The active component may be part of the packaging material or may be an insert or attachment to the inside of the pack.
Active packaging can enable the properties of the package to more adequately meet the requirements of the product. Therefore, the forms and applications of active packaging are diverse, addressing specific situations in the protection and presentation of foods and other products.
The tinplate can, for instance, provides a sacrificial layer of tin that protects the food from accumulation of catalytically active iron salts. Antioxidant release from waxed-paper packs for Breakfast cereals have been used, as has been the impregnation of cheese wraps with sorbic acid. Sachets of iron powder have been described as ‘‘deoxidizers,’’ ‘‘free oxygen absorbers,’’ and ‘‘oxygen scavengers’’.
Goals of Active Packaging:
Active Packaging is chosen to enhance the ability of conventional packaging to help deliver the product t used in a desired state. Active packaging system are developed with the goal of extending shelf life of the food and increasing the period of time that the food is high quality. Active packaging technologies include some Physical, chemical, or biological action which changes interactions between a package, product, and/ or headspace of package in order to get a desired outcome. The most common active The most common active systems scavenger oxygen from the package or the product and may even be activated by an outside source such as UV light.
Forms of Active Packaging
Active packaging is typically found in two types of systems; sachets and pads which are placed inside of package, and active ingredients that are incorporate directly into packaging materials.
1. Sachets and Other Inserts
- Oxygen Scavengers.
- Ethanol and Sulfur Dioxide Emitters
- Ethylene Absorbers
2. Plastic-Based Active Packaging Materials
- Moisture Control.
- Oxygen Scavenging
- Active Oxygen Barriers
- Antimicrobial Films.
- Odor Absorption (more details at-) http://www.packagingconnections.com/innovation/market-leading-odour-absorbent-meat-pads.htm
- Thermal Control
Author – Radhika Rewri
Packing connections are very important to overcome packaging industry challenges. Packaging industry challenges can be solved when all kinds of packaging companies, packaging professionals connect with each other and they should be very clear and transparent in solving any issue. Packaging connections can bring all packaging companies, packaging professionals and packaging users to one platform to address all theirs issues and challenges.
It is very difficult for any company to satisfy or meet customer expectations. Most of the cases single company cannot cover entire user expectations. Also it is like almost impossible for the small companies to spend good amount to get rich insights of changing customer behavior and their expectations. Participation of the packaging companies, packaging professionals and packaging users in packaging connections can increase the database of packaging companies, packaging professionals and packaging users. This database is always useful for small, medium and all kind of companies. Your packaging connections are the solution for all your packaging challenges.
When packaging professionals and packaging companies can work together they can solve most of the packaging industry challenges. Packaging connections are useful in increasing visibility of the packaging companies as well as packaging professionals because it accommodates both of them.
Packaging is a great science or art or both. It helps us to protect the products and to get it almost anywhere even if we are not able to travel. It has been helping us to save lives by way of protecting nd transporting the different medicines in the different parts of the world.Â But at the same time, it also has its own challenges and those challaenges can be different in different locations and different circumstances. So we would like to take about the challenges and then see if we can solve them.
So please come forward and list your packaging challenges for the benefit of everyone who is interested to find the solutions to those packaging challenges,
Most of the times it’s very difficult for the brand owners to develop effective call to actions on their packaging designs. In this article will look into some specific technologies that can help brand owners to develop a powerful call to actions.
QR code is the two dimensional barcode. This is machine readable label that contains information about your product or you can add any call to action to it. Nowadays everyone is using smart phones and most of their day to day activities are connected to their phones. If your intension is to attract the visitor to participate in any survey, that link we can add to that particular QR code of your product. Remember at the same times surveys should be very simple and effective.
You can find QR code generators here: http://goo.gl/h2ONSu
Technologies to authenticate as well to connect your customers
There are lot of technologies available in the market which can increase your brand identity, brand protection and brand promotion. By using authentication technologies you avoid counterfeits and at the same time you can directly connect with your loyal customers. These technologies can provide consumers extra facility in authenticating product at their purchase point itself.
You can find few technologies here: http://goo.gl/NSzCmT
The store window is the first thing that the visitor notices about your store. Therefore, you want to be as innovative and clear in your message for the window as you can. There exist a lot of unique options to brand your glass. We spell out a few commonly used techniques to brand your glass and the materials used in the process. You can use them in isolation or combination for your own store. 1. Vinyl cut letters: Plotter cut self-adhesive vinyl into the shape of letters, logos and messages is an age-old technique that allows you to deliver your message without obstructing the view inside the store.
2. Translucent prints: Digital printed translucent vinyls can be conveniently pasted on glass. They can also be cut into shape as per your artwork. The major benefit here is that you can install a large creative, maybe cover the glass edge-to-edge and also allow the customers to look what's going on inside , behind the glass. It doesn't make the glass appear like a wall but an entry into a new dimension of great products.
3. Opaque creatives: While translucent prints are great, they sometimes might not make as much impact as a solid opaque print would. The drawback here is that you must keep the size small so that your glass still allows inside activity to be seen. This kind of effect is achieved by printing on opaque self-adhesive vinyl
4. Etching Vinyl: Frosted/Etching self-adhesive vinyl was created to give clear glass a frosted look. Frosting is a physical process done on glass that makes selected portions rough and opaque. This film provides the same effect quite well. The etching film can be cut into any shape and can be used to represent your brand logo or your branding message. Further, it is also printable and it gives a really unique result in terms of aesthetics.
5. One way vision: The one-way-vision/mesh printed vinyl has a mesh-like structure. The speciality of this material is that from the outside it looks like a solid print (maybe around 75% opacity) but from the inside of the store everything outside is visible. This is a great choice if you want to print large creatives and cover the whole glass. If your store is inside a mall or has a good amount of lighting inside, the opacity from outside further reduces (approximately around 50%).
Since you now know the basic tools to brand your glass, ask your design team to play around with these ideas and design something unique to accurately portray your brand and it's ideology.
Many organizations and Start-up companies neglect spending valuable time in thinking about embedding their branding in their packaging design. Do you know the importance of branding while promoting or launching of your product? Branding goes way beyond just a logo or graphic element. Branding is directly proportional to your marketing strategy.
Your packaging design must be all about addressing customer experiences. In most of the cases brand owners don’t receive complete mileage from their packaging design because of improper research on their targeted audience. Your packaging design is medium between you and external world.
When your brand connects with your end users, it resides in their mind and heart. It’s very important to spend time on investing in defining, researching and to building your packaging design. For successful branding on your packaging design you must understand the needs and wants of your end users.
Building an effective packaging design is all about building a story that can connect your targeted audience.
A good and effective packaging design can
- Enable customers to remember your products
- Helps in brand recognition
- Sets you apart from the competition
- Generate referrals
- Build customer loyalty and lead to repeat purchases
Call to actions are very important elements in packaging design and it is the best way to get the accurate information from the end user. Call to actions encourages the end user to do something like leaving feedback, participating in surveys or to find more information about your products.
Call to actions must be compelling, benefit oriented and usually you can add small graphics which narrates what you wanting them to perform. Most important thing is don’t put too many call to actions on your packaging design.
Important elements need to consider while embedding calls to actions on your packaging design
- Placement: Your call to action must be placed in the area where user first glance happens. For example near to price details or near to product details or near to discount offers etc.,
- Size and Shape: Need to design by considering your target audience age group
- Color: It should stand out from the package and should be eye catchy
- Text: Should attract to end user. Using punch lines is better way
Benefits from call to actions on your packaging design
- You can get the end user feedback as well as their expectations. This helps to innovate, enhance and optimize your packaging designs
- You can increase traffic and user engagement of your landing or targeted page. This increase visibility of your other products too
- You can increase your targeted audience database. By this you can directly connect with your customers
- Also call to actions helps in increasing your sales especially for window shoppers