PillPick is the only pharmacy automation system that can provide unit-dose packaging, storage and dispensing – making it a completely automated solution, from manufacturers’ packaging to patient-specific dispensing.
PillPick allows pharmacies to increase picking, packaging and dispensing efficiency, eliminate medication errors and improve patient safety.
PillPick packages, bar codes and labels pills into unit doses, with a unique serial number for automated dispensing and bedside verification. Through RFID-enabled canisters and secure medication loading, verification can replace pharmacist check upon dispense, reducing workload by as much as 50%.
PillPick features an automated, high-density, robotic warehouse that receives, loads and stores up to 51,060 barcoded unit doses. Two robots can run simultaneously, allowing for both multi-tasking and redundancy. One robot loads unit dose bags from the packager into the storage unit and then picks unit dose bags for loading onto the PickRing. The second robot retrieves returned unit dose bags from the Returns window and loads them into the storage unit.
Our patented PickRing organizes medication on a single ring for each patient. Each single-dose unit has a bar code, which reduces the opportunity for missed medications and speeds up administration time. PickRings can be loaded according to drug name or sequenced by administration time. They also can be transported in cassettes, carts or pneumatic tube systems.
PickView™ Vision System
The PickView Vision System stores images of all medications packaged through the system for future verification. A single dose’s image can be retrieved at any time, enabling hospitals to provide documentation that the right drug was in the right package.
PillPick Features and Benefits
- AutoPhial™ Overwrap Module Boosts pharmacy efficiency by automating the unit-dose packaging of vials, cups, ampoules and syringes
- High-Density Storage Securely stores up to 51,060 unit doses* , or 145 doses per square foot * Indicates maximum capacity, which is not typical for most clients
- Unit-Dose Packaging Ensures complete traceability of medication from original packaging to the patient
- Secure Medication Loading Verification replaces pharmacist check upon dispense+ , reducing workload by as much as 50%1 errors + Where allowed by State Board of Pharmacy
- Patented PickRing® Gives quick visual reference of medication orders for caregivers errors
- Automatic Medication Returns Eliminate extra processing steps and reduce waste + Barcode Verification Eliminates opportunity for medication errors during packaging and dispensing + Discrete Packaging and Dispensing Modules Support simultaneous processing and improve productivity + Archive Process The PickView Vision System stores images of all medications packaged through the system for future verification