Being into Packaging sector for more then 30+ years now, I have witnessed the shifts, changes and trends happening in all the sectors related to packaging field. Be it new developments, innovations, testing, trials, finding the right candidates for the team or even finding the right job for career growth. The challenges were everywhere and they have increased many folds now in terms of packaging as a career.
With more number of post graduates searching for jobs every year, the gap between demand and supply have become imbalanced.
To understand the current status, actually prevailing across the world, Packaging Connections team did a small survey and analyzed the results. Key finding of the survey shows –
· Clear gap in packaging industry to find the right candidate for a particular job.
· There is also a missing link in packaging as a career and right guidance that may help in hitting the bull’s eye and achieving success goals.
· 71% of people said that “they do not get timely information about the new packaging jobs”
· 50% mentioned that they get information about new jobs through job portals like naukri, times-job etc. While 36% said to know from their direct contacts or references.
· “Key Words” in generic job portals don’t work exactly for packaging. Ex - Job portals misinterpret packaging as ‘Software package’, ‘Application Packaging’ and other non-packaging profiles.
· Hence 47% said they are not happy with the calls received from job portals since many a times the profile doesn’t match.
· As a company also, 39% responded that “it is difficult to find right candidate for their packaging team”
· Majority of around 90% shown their interest to try a “packaging dedicated portal” for both job search and candidate search
Getting understood from you, Packaging Connections team have developed a new platform for packaging, printing and related fields only – PACKAGING BRAINS. The site is simple to use with quick upload of resume and new job postings. Currently everything is free and you can upload both by logging in at http://www.packagingbrains.com/