By definition –
- Benchmarking is an improvement process used to discover and incorporate best practise into operation.
- It is a process of identifying, understanding and adapting outstanding practices from organization anywhere in the world to help tour organization improve its performance
- It is a highly respected practice in the business world
Specific to packaging, Benchmarking determines –
- Which is the best packaging in terms of appeal, material selection, space utilization, consumer convenience and so on?
- How effectively the product is being packed?
- How is the competitive brand doing that?
- Where does our brand stand in competition?
- What are the areas where our brand can be optimized?
- What are the cost breakups of the packaging involved?
- If we are already optimized, is there a scope to look for some new innovations?
- Identifying new vendors, new materials, new systems in packaging
Benchmarking aims at INNOVATING and not IMITATING
Testing a package can be done inhouse or by outsources laboratories. However, the later doesn’t analyse the data, they only present it in a codified manner. To analyse the data either a packaging professional had to dedicate his/her time else they simply use the data and present. We at Packaging Connections provides “Value Additive Benchmarking” across various companies and product categories.
Our detailed analysis include –
- Benchmarking for competition companies/brands/locations/products and even cross category also.
- Tear Down Analysis of the product (Rigid / Flexible packaging)
- Technical data in a detailed matrix of different parameters
- Inhouse test + outsourced testing
- Visual, Analytical, Calculated and Measurable parameters – all covered
- Data analysis and identification of improvement areas
- Cost analysis and cost breakup of various packaging formats
- Innovative ideas of the related product packaging and cross categories
- Detailed pdf report to follow along with parameters analysed
- Present the data in a “ready to use” format for quick implementation and presentation by any packaging professional
- Post project support for any discussions on technical inputs being provided
For more information emails us at – firstname.lastname@example.org